Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easter in Alamogordo 2013


















Once again, we were really missing our families when this holiday set in, but we tried to make up for it by holding all the same traditions with friends. First an Easter picnic and egg hunt up in Bailey Canyon. Lots of fun families from the ward were willing to join us and make it special. The adults pretty much sat around and enjoyed the weather and the kids played like crazy. Reed had an especially good time this year. Gathering and hoarding little brightly colored balls full of candy was right up his alley!

















































































































We filled up with fried foods at Big Daddy's Diner in Cloudcroft before we headed back down the hill to Alamogordo.

















Then Sunday after church we had a potluck Easter dinner at the Spencers with more ward friends, plus Sofia and John. Totally good food and another fun time :)






I'm glad I could give my kids all the fun things my parents gave me as a kid at Easter time....but I hope they're also getting the most valuable thing my parents gave me - a testimony of Jesus Christ. I'm blessed and grateful to know that He is who He said he was - the Son of God and the Savior that our Father promised to send. I believe that He is mighty to save, as the scriptures say, and I've learned that following Him makes us happy and keeps us safe - which are really the only two things I want for me and my family :)

3 comments:

  1. Look at you, already have your Easter post up:) I'm glad you guys had a good Easter, looks like lots of fun stuff.

    I miss YOU so much, and I try not to think about you never coming back or I'll just start crying like a baby:( :(

    I can't wait to see you on Sunday and hang out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since when did you have a tow-headed baby?! He has gotten so blonde!
    And if I were a better person I wouldn't take it personally that I never see you when you come to Albuquerque. Next time I get a drive by. At least. Or we're through.
    *sigh*
    Okay, okay, we won't be through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a fun time! I'm so glad you kept up some of your traditions! We all have to good back up there soon!

    ReplyDelete