Friday, August 1, 2014

Liam's 5th Birthday






















I have to start by telling a story from a couple months ago when the kids were reminiscing (bragging) about all the fun themed birthday parties they've had (Barney, Blue's Clues, Hulk, Pirate, Princess, Fairy, Rainbow, etc.), and Liam asked me "Mom, what birthday parties have I had?" And I realized each summer for the last few years (around the time of Liam's birthday) we've been busy planning a move and making major life changes, and no, I had never thrown Liam a birthday party. And here we were about to take a vacation on his birthday, which would probably get glossed over once again. So I made a firm determination to keep that from happening. I asked Liam what theme he wanted (he said Lego Movie), and despite being away from home and my own kitchen and my usual resources, we pulled out all the stops. I even brought him up to Grandma Gordon's house in Camp Verde to make it extra special. We made a lego cake and did a lego craft and played a lego game and after Liam opened all his presents, he had legos coming out his ears! All the Gordon aunts, uncles and cousins came over the next day to eat pizza and play in the water and pretty much seal the deal. Birthday mission accomplished! I love my Liam...oh, how I love him :)





















































No comments:

Post a Comment