Friday, August 2, 2019

Mae's 4th Birthday














Mae is four! This year she gave up diapers and cribs and sippy cups. I think that means she's not a toddler anymore. Which means I am officially out of babies. And I tell you, there is not one bit of me that is happy about that. Though they have kept me busy and worn me out, there is not anything I have wanted more out of this life than babies. For seventeen years they have been my burden and my sheer joy. My back and arms and heart will never find a more worthwhile occupation. But I'm finding more and more fun in this new version of our family. Big kids are good company...they're funny and smart and they share many of our interests. They're also spiritual and wise, and I can see that one day they will easily be my favorite friends. At this moment in time, Mae is sharing in my love of fantasy and fairy tale and over-the-top girliness. Her current cartoon character of choice is Pinkalicious, so it was easy to indulge her with a ridiculously PINK party. We had her cousins and friends over all afternoon - under a strict princess dress code. I didnt have to do much to keep them entertained. They just wanted to eat and dance and play - and they did. I relished in it. I'm still so grateful that God gave me this one last girl.



























































































No comments:

Post a Comment