Sunday, April 5, 2020

General Conference - 200 Years














Conference was highly anticipated this year because it is the 200th anniversary since Joseph Smith's First Vision. We were already expecting it to be special, and then it got coupled with a global pandemic - which meant we were all home together, already in a spirit of fasting and prayer, and already seeking and receiving guidance from the prophet on a regular basis. But we had also been preparing for a long time to celebrate this date in time together (President Nelson had asked us to read and study some things about the priesthood and about the temple, and most of all, ponder what our lives would be like without the Book of Mormon). Those questions and challenges have made these last few months such a spirit-stretching experience for me. I really feel God speaking to me and teaching me every day as I study and reflect - and I never want it to end! My study sessions are getting longer and longer and harder to stop! It has been such a feast. I love the Book of Mormon so much - light and knowledge and revelation flow constantly from its pages. If I didn't have it, there would be something lacking in my understanding of God's love and His plan. Ugh - words just dont cut it. Anyway, this session of Conference was a celebration of all the "extra" we enjoy because of the Restoration - more scripture, priesthood power, temple blessings, modern day prophets! In the Sunday morning session, President Nelson asked us to join him in a Hosanna Shout. Perfect. Shouting Hosanna to God and the Lamb was exactly what my soul has been trying to do.

















No comments:

Post a Comment