Sunday, September 13, 2020

Reed's 9th Birthday

 Reed's birthday was on a Sunday this year, so we started him out partying on Friday night with all his friends. I think the highlight for him was that they were able to stay until after dark and exhaust themselves with spooky yard games. Oh, the running and the screaming...so joyful! Then Sunday, presents and cake and doting on him every moment, of course. He got a new bike and is finally getting really good at riding it - starts and stops all by himself. We love him so much!

I have to share an experience I had involving Reed recently. As the Primary President, and because of Covid, I was working on a digital primary program (a video), and thought I had it all done. I had been collecting songs and comments and lots of cute clips of the kids, and had arranged them all in a sweet, spiritual video, then saved and uploaded it (ready to play in Sacrament Meeting) and considered it done. A couple days later, I came home to the quiet house after dropping the kids off for school and was suddenly overcome by a strong impression. The Spirit told me I needed to include Reed's testimony in the video. I felt it so strong that I started to pace around and feel a little anxious (like urgency), like I wanted to get back in my car and go pull him out of school and do it right then. But instead I knelt down and prayed and promised Heavenly Father I would obey, and told Him I was sorry for not consulting Him sooner; for not asking Him what He wanted to have in the video. And as I prayed another strong feeling came over me - I knew and understood that Reed was a very special and important person, and that I am very lucky to be his mother. And I cried and cried and knew it was true.

After school that day, the first thing I did was find Reed and tell him how special he is and how thankful I am to be his mom, and when I got him home I recorded his testimony - and I'm so glad I did! He told about an experience he had while reading the scriptures and an answer he received when he prayed to know if they are true. It was very pure and powerful! Now that I have added his testimony to the video and re-saved it and uploaded it again, I have felt peace about it ever since.

In addition to being very grateful for Reed, I am also very thankful for the intense personal revelation that is coming to me in these increasingly intense times.




















No comments:

Post a Comment