Friday, November 6, 2020

Dia De Los Muertos (2nd Annual)

This is secretly my new favorite holiday, even though I don't know if anyone else is diggin' it as much as I am. Seriously, researching our family history to come up with stories to share on Day of the Dead has helped me feel the Spirit of the Lord and a love/link to our ancestors that is so strong. I know that our family ties are eternal! And I know that "our love for each will live on forever" - I can FEEL it!

This year I talked about Scotty's relatives through his paternal line (Edgar and Jemima Gordon and kids). My mom talked about her parents (Grandma and Grandpa Gilliland). We repeated our traditions from last year of eating Mexican food, decorating sugar skull cookies, and watching Coco. The Barneses and McElyeas were here for the festivities, which was great, but I was so busy I hardly took any pictures.










 

No comments:

Post a Comment