Friday, December 11, 2009

November's Happy Reunions







November rained blessings on me for some reason. The stars aligned and circumstances allowed for three happy visits with loved ones, all within a week or two's time. This is my grandma. You wouldn't know it by looking at her now, but she's the one I got my brown hair and brown eyes from. She and her sweet husband (who I just love) stuffed my kids with cookies and sent us home with our love buckets full.


I also got to see my Grandpa and Grandma Wellman. Though he's no less happy to see me when I come, grandpa now has to be reminded who I am. Funny thing is, he still cracks all the same jokes about his good looks and he can recall every detail about his childhood and his service in WWII and so forth. I could listen to his stories for hours.











Last but not least, I attended a wedding in the old stomping grounds of my youth and got to see Melanie. She is by far my oldest friend (our moms have been best friends since before we were born). We cut the hair off our barbies together, sang Whitney Houston songs into the vaccuum cleaner, made up dances to New Kids on the Block songs. There was never a time that I didn't know Mel, and I still love her to death. And by coincidence, today is her birthday. Happy birthday Melanie!






4 comments:

  1. Grandparents bring such love and joy to our lives! I enjoyed seeing pictures of your family and lifelong friends. What a truly wonderful shower of November blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tam, you are so blessed to still have your grandparents around, I'd give anything to spend the afternoon with mine. Love the picture of your cute family at the end, everyone is getting so old and so dang cute! Miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liam is getting so big! I'm so sad that I don't get to be around your kids as they grow up. But, that does look like a fun November.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you for taking time to visit with your grandparents. I need to learn from you, I'm so bad at that. I've been meaning to go for months and still haven't dangit.

    ReplyDelete