Sunday, December 20, 2009

Thanksgiving




Scott was on call in November. Did I mention he's a podiatry resident at the VA hospital? That meant he worked every single day that month (most days 12 hours or more). So our Thanksgiving weekend away (which would normally have been a good four days) ended up being one very short and sweet afternoon. We spent it at Scott's parents house. All his siblings, some of his cousins, and a lot of little nieces and nephews were there. Did I mention I have fantastic in-laws? One more of the many things I have to be thankful for!














Since the whole Thanksgiving thing flew by so fast, we felt a little ripped off. So when we got home, we bought our own turkey and dragged the feast out for a few more days.











I am thankful for friends and family in abundance.
I'm thankful that the person I'm in love with loves me back.
I'm thankful that I get to spend all my days at home with my kids.
I'm thankful that the bills keep getting paid,
and that so far, my pretty house still belongs to me.
I'm thankful for my Heavenly Father - he makes me feel so loved.
I'm thankful for His son,
the one person who lived a perfect life.
I want to be just like him.

1 comment:

  1. You really made your own turkey after Thanksgiving?? Wow, I'm so impressed. That's one thing Dave was really sad about going somewhere else for Thanksgiving, is we had no leftovers.

    ReplyDelete