Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Let Them Be Little

















When I was going through albums recently, I came across this picture of my little sister Chrysta. I was in college when we took this, and I have to say, I got a little choked up because I had forgotten what it was like to be so much bigger than her. She's quite grown up now (just engaged, actually).
























And Shana (the youngest) is now in college herself. Admittedly, it is fun to be grown-ups together. We just had some of the most fun I can remember shopping for wedding dresses. But I miss the days when I could pick them up and hold them. Here's what Shana looked like when I was in highschool:
























And here's my own little girl. I can't imagine what it will feel like when I can't hold her anymore...



















Congratulations to the 9th Wellman to take the plunge. Go Chrysta! Here are the Wellman women who were at the blessed shopping event...and more importantly, here is THE dress!











































6 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures, lovely bride-to-be, such sweet memories, past and present!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how FUN to all go wedding dress shopping together! I LOVE the picture of Hanna and your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tam Sha Bam, glad you're alive. Fun to see all the girls in your family, you guys are a good looking bunch! Congrats to the bride to be! I'm going to be in AZ, you should come see me (Oct. 17-21)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Beach and Wedding Dress shopping!!! Lucky, blessed girl you are!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness! You havn't changed one bit since High School you lucky girl! It's so bizzar to see your sisters grown-up to me their still the little girls in the pictures. So excited to see Krista's first wedding photos. Love you! Thanks for the updates!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun!! I love wedding dress shopping! That is way too much fun that your daughter came with you, I am sure she just loved watching your sister try on all those beautiful dresses. How funny, I feel the same exact way with one of my sisters. We have an eight year gap and I have always seen her as a little girl. Now she is in her first year of college and I almost am kind of sad. But you are right in the sense that it is really really fun to have her as an adult now. I will probably be a HUGE mess whenever she gets married. Lol Oh well I guess we all have to grow up sometime. I love the pictures, too cute!

    ReplyDelete