Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Dance Class



All the fantasies I entertained of having a daughter have so far played out to the fullest, and with added gusto, thanks to the living, breathing cartoon character that is my daughter. In fact, as we speak, she is clomping around the house in plastic heels and several layers of glittery pink dresses. She addresses me as Erika and refuses to answer to anything but Analise (both names you would recognize if you had a library of Barbie movies as we do). And just a moment ago when I told her I was going to bring the baby upstairs to bed, she brought me my pretend horse for transportation. What could I do but ride it? I'm so grateful to her for being exactly what I imagined she would be. Unlike most things in life, I expected this. I pictured us dressing up and twirling around and singing Disney songs, princess style, at the top of our lungs. I don't NEED her to gush and ooze girliness, but she just happens to, and it's SO fun. She just started a little ballet class at the rec center a couple weeks ago. Here are some pictures of that, as well as a stop we made at the park after class one day.























































































































































3 comments:

  1. She's darling. And the most girly girl I have ever known. And totally Tami jr. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man...Hanna is one lucky princess to have a co-princess like you by her side! Do you guys sing, "I'm just like you/You're just like me," in duet together?
    Just wondering.
    I might be able to bust out the lyrics to that whole song right here...
    But I won't.

    And my handstand could totally take yours.
    You know, since I'm younger and all...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss you guys so much!!! You are so much fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete