Tuesday, December 28, 2010

We Didn't Mean to Get a Dog...


















An unexpected surprise landed at our house a couple months ago, and since then our family hasn't been the same (Do you sense some sugar-coating?)! Frankly, it's not good dog timing for our family, and personally, I never intended to add any animals to the mix, but I did agree to take care of her when she was offered to us, and now I feel bound to a dog by my altruistic word. I was not naive going into this, and it has been as difficult as I imagined it would be. Indeed, she soils the carpet, whines, yips, growls, bites, chews and costs. But we have swallowed her into our hearts and so far we've fought the reflex to cough her back up. And yes, when I say "so far" that is what I mean! It must be true that you love who you serve, even when it comes to dogs. And as someone with a general aversion to animals, I'll admit that she is teaching me a kind of love I've never had before. And so, with some hesitation, I introduce....Tilly (the Chihuahua puppy)!


















































This is a picture of my kids with Kimber's. They were over one day and I thought they looked funny (and numerous) all lined up watching TV...



 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, a dog is totally like another child - exhausting and messy and irrational and messy and persistent and messy. I have great plans to completely fall in love with our dog in the next three years. Until then it is like/hate. At least yours is small. Imagine what a 60+ pound puppy will do to your carpet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure from this post if you like having the dog or not????
    WOW, that is A LOT of kids you have in that last picture and I'm sure they weren't sitting still for long. Thanks for watching them your the best!

    ReplyDelete