Monday, November 21, 2011

A Backyard is Born

















We've owned our home for 6 years and this is what the backyard has always looked like. Our excuses were these: Scott's too busy to work on it, Tami's not cut-out for yard work, we can't afford to pay a landscaper, etc. After a few years of griping, nagging and procrastinating, I just threw some sand toys back there and gave up hope. When fall hit the valley this year (with a heap load of gorgeous weather), and we added one more noise maker to the ranks of our cooped-up kids, I decided I would wait no longer. I must have a yard. I must! I prayed that God would provide a way. I demanded that my husband make it happen. I think Eric's willingness to help gave him extra motivation. (My threats to open a credit card and pay for it myself probably motivated him too.) But he did it! And he did it so well. I have bright green grass and a planter for vegetables, and my quality of life has already improved ten fold. Thank you Eric, Scott and Phillip for helping! I LOVE my new backyard.



























































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment