Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Christmas Cookies

You know that feeling you get when December hits, like you're standing on a platform and the Christmas train is whizzing by and you better jump on or you're gonna miss it?! I swear no matter how many traditions we indulge in, I feel like we're missing or forgetting ten others.  Anyway, this one landed in my lap and I'm glad it did. I was at my sister's house yesterday and her husband was making gingerbread dough (yes, he spontaneously does that and many other festive things which I love and admire). So, I talked him into giving me a chunk of it, and I brought it home (as well as a few of his cute cookie cutters) and had a classic Christmas family night with my favorite people. For someone like me who stresses out about getting enough Christmas in before it's over, it was so satisfying. If we don't make it back on the Christmas train for the rest of the month, at least last night we had one good ride!





















































































































1 comment:

  1. So fun! I'm so glad that I'm not the only one that feels like that! Only, I think I feel like that most of the time. For every one thing that get's crossed off my list, five more are added! Such a beautiful family! I love checking in on you like this, since I'm crap at calling! Love you!

    ReplyDelete