Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Colby's 7th Birthday

Why is my funny little boy getting so old? And why do I have to buy him electronic presents instead of the stuffed bears and toys he used to want? I hate it. I wanted him to stay five forever and he's already all the way to seven. Yuck. Anyway, Scott and I tried really hard to make him especially happy on his big day. I kicked things off with cinnamon rolls from scratch. Then we unveiled the iPod that Scott had hunted down on Craigslist and loaded to the hilt with movies, music and games including The Hulk, which is Colby's favorite. Now he can incessantly geek out with his big brother. We had lunch from Panda Express, spent most of the day at the park playing ball with cousins (Nallys, Wellmans, Hardins), and then had a quiet evening alone with our birthday boy at a fancy restaurant (Chili's!) while grandma watched the other kids. Went to Walmart (where else?) to spend some birthday money, and capped the evening off at home with cake and ice cream and more cousins (Scott, Cheryl & kids). I don't think there's anything else we could possibly have squeezed into the schedule. I love my handsome guy...happy birthday Colby!

I was so busy taking video that I didn't take a lot of pictures. I noticed in the ones I did get, though, that Scott and I are looking a little old and tired!





































































































































1 comment:

  1. Hello Tami! I am not a stalker, well atleast not a scary one anyway...Kara told me that she had a link to your blog so I had to check you out. I am Claire, Loren is my hub and we are in Alamogordo. I understand that you are coming here for your hubby's fellowship. Cant wait to meet you and have some more "boy" friends for my guys to run around with. If you have any questions at all, don't hesitate to ask.

    ReplyDelete