Monday, August 13, 2012

First Day at a New School























I must say, if you have to yoink your kids out of their school and away from their friends, do it while their still young and naively enthusiastic. These kids haven't complained one bit and were excited as ever to get back to class - largely thanks to the Spencer family who provided one friend for each of my school-age children and made it so they won't be entirely lonely on their first day. My big boys are getting old enough to be very opinionated about their clothes (plus they've been in uniforms for years) and it was fun to let them style themselves for once. I think they look so cool.

























































































Liam wanted his picture taken too!























Hanna is my little darling baby girl and is going off to Kinder garten! But how can I be sad when she is SO happy?! She kept saying, "Mom, this is the best day ever!" She wasn't shy or nervous or scared...she simply could not wait. I loved every minute of shopping with her, getting excited about the clothes and shoes and accessories, curling her hair and getting her ready to go. She is my kindred spirit and my dream come true! Good luck at school Hanna!








































7 comments:

  1. So fun- the kids all look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang it your kids are so cute! Guess I better go write about our first day, too. It is so nice to have them be excited even though it's a new place with new kids. That was us last year, and this year it was so fun to actually know other people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. they're so cute. and hanna gets a locker?! cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lockers in elementary school? That's weird! They all look great. My kids are in the opposite boat. This year they will all wear uniforms and I am excited. No more fighting about what to wear to school. We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, your kids are so grown up. It's funny how Nolan is still a little toddler in my head. What a beautiful family you have!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tami, You make moving to a whole new place look fun and easy, your kids/family look good in Alamo:)I'm sure you are getting HUGE points in heaven. Seriously you are a super Mom to pull all that off. I'm also jealous that you and Claire get to hang out. . . I LOVE that girl. Looks like you have a big year ahead of you. Josh and I are excited for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, they are adorable. That's fun to wear their own cloths. I miss little Hanna Montana (as Dave would say) I MISS you too!!! We still need to figure out the Skype thing:)

    ReplyDelete