Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Nolan's 10th Birthday























Well, it happened - my first child hit the double digits. We're on a slippery slope to teenage-hood. And believe me, he's getting his attitude all ready to go! Still, I don't know what I'd do without this boy. I know I wouldn't make it through a single day, actually. I rely on his help so much, and he is always there for me. He can get kids dressed, take kids potty, get things out, put things away. He carries the baby when my hands are full. He does his chores so willingly, and still gives me lots of hugs and kisses. Oh, how I love him!

Nolan's birthday landed on a school day this year, so we had some yummy gooey danishes for breakfast and a very quick unwrapping of gifts. He had just joined the chess club at school, so he desperately wanted his own chess game (I had to comb through the only 3 stores in town and finally found one at Kmart). We got him some legos as well because he's just so good at legos! Then I put a card and some tic-tacs (his favorite candy right now) in his lunch and off they went. After school he had scouts so I brought his birthday cupcakes there and everyone sang happy birthday to him. It wasn't the magnificent day that he deserves, but we're planning a trip for go-karts and mini-golf very soon.  :)






























































No comments:

Post a Comment