Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012


This was our first Thanksgiving away from family, and therefore, the first time that the burden of cooking a turkey has fallen to me. This may not be an intimidating thing for the average wife and mother, but for someone who has a hard time cooking a basic casserole (me!), it was a nerve-racking challenge. I didn't want to bug my mom (who's on a mission) or my sisters (who are out of town and busy with their own dinners), so I did a lot of research online - how to make turkey and gravy mostly. I saved myself some stress by buying frozen rolls and pies. The mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes were no-brainers and the stuffing was courtesy of Stove-Top. Other than that, all we needed was some guests! I'm happy to report that we found some good ones. Sofia and John and their relatives who were visiting made a great group. They brought some beautiful table cloths and a delicious salad. I loved every minute of it! And of course, I am so THANKFUL that everything turned out well and we were blessed to be able to share the holiday with friends.


































 













































































































1 comment:

  1. Wow, good for you for doing a turkey! I have still yet to do one:) It looks like you had a great Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete