Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Gordon Girls Trip

















This trip was an unexpected treat to break up my endless pregnant summer. Marg and Nicole and Janae flew up to Kansas City from AZ, so I picked them up and chauffeured them around the Midwest Church History Sites, including Nauvoo. I think everyone's favorite and most exciting moments happened in Haun's Mill, which is, first off, a very sacred place that holds a special feeling, but it's also tucked way back in the woods on dirt roads, and we happened upon those roads on a very muddy day. So we had to do some serious 4 wheeling and mud-bogging to get to Haun's Mill and back. It was both spiritual and exciting. Plus we found a big, fat snapping turtle that put the icing on our cake. I also was especially moved by the Nauvoo cemetery and all the names and stories we read on the headstones. Those humble, noble souls bear such a stark contrast from the celebrity greats of our day, but they are the people whose footsteps I want to follow. They are my heroes.

I felt a strong spirit in the Women's Garden at the Nauvoo Visitor's Center, this time around, so I took a lot of pictures there. I have always been so grateful and proud to be a woman (a mother, a wife, a daughter of God). I love the very fulfilling roles and callings that come along with it. My life is so full and my Spirit is so satisfied. Even all the daily things i do (feed and dress and hug and hold and drive and serve and plan and create), stir up so much love and bring me so much joy. I guess it's because all the little jobs I do add up to the one big job of growing a family...and it's the best, best, best.











































No comments:

Post a Comment