Sunday, February 7, 2021

Monarch Mountain

Thank heaven we found this special place to get away to. I can't tell you how much I cherish our trips to the snowy mountains. This year we were able to bring Mae. Other than missing Destini and Jenny, we were a whole family, and it felt so wonderful. Of course every time we do anything this year I'm thinking, last time with Nolan, so I was so grateful to be all together.

Mae was only able to tolerate a half day of skiing, but she was very brave and went two more times for me even after she was ready to stop. I had a harness on her to help steer her and control her speed. It was fun zooming down together like Santa and a reindeer. She liked the skiing but she didn't like all the head gear and the heavy clothing. Plus it was an extra cold day for us this year. The other small kids were pooped out by lunch time too, so we took them back to the cabin, had lunch together, then Scotty and I and Nolan and Colby hit the slopes in the afternoon. Good thing we got rid of the littles cuz the weather took a turn for the worse. We skied in what felt like a blizzard for several hours. But my gear kept me warm and I felt great the whole time. I love being on the mountain with my people!

We tried to go back for a second day but the lift tickets were sold out, so we relaxed around the cabin and went sledding and went shopping in Salida. Mae made a snowgirl named Tina. We all were happy, happy, happy.


























 

No comments:

Post a Comment