Wednesday, May 11, 2011

It's a Boy!






















We are expecting our fifth baby and I admit, I was really hoping for a girl this time. But early in my pregnancy I had a dream that my late father was trying to deliver something to my house and though I was using all my strength to keep him out, he burst through the front door and handed me a baby boy. The strong impression that dream left on me made me realize that this baby was meant for me (us) and I got really excited to meet him. At 20 weeks the ultrasound confirmed what I already knew and I truly shed tears of joy and excitement. I wanted to do something for my kids that night to get them excited like I was...so I made blue pancakes with blueberries and served them with blue milk. When my extremely confused kids asked what was the meaning of this, I told them it was a clue to the mystery in mommy's tummy. Nolan and Colby shouted for joy, and Hanna...well, see for yourself...

4 comments:

  1. Ooh!! Hanna's face is priceless...and so sad! But I am happy for you and that YOU are happy. :) And that my daughters will have plenty of handsome boys to crush on. Oh FIFTH! Was it really that long ago that I met you in flagstaff and you had just had Nolan and I wanted to be your friend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know too well how you feel. When Charlie was a few months old I was holding him and suddenly the thought "Another son needs to join your family" popped into my head. A few years later we were pregnant and I knew it was that boy who needed to join our family. But when the ultrasound technician announced what I already knew I cried and cried because deep down I really wanted a daughter and I wanted Lily to have a sister. I'll admit that it still makes me a little sad, especially since I'm too old to have any more babies, but I wouldn't trade my sweet baby boy for anything. He was definitely meant to be in our family and we all, especially his sister, adore him. Hanna will love her sweet baby brother, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea!! Congratulations! We're in you same boat with the 3 boys and 1 girl thing I mean. I'm a little nervous how Jenna will react if when the time comes we end up having another boy too. I love my boys but it would be fun to give her a sister and I just don't know how many more times I'm up for this. Keep us posted. I'm excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this photo is awesome! You have to show it to Hanna later, after she loves her little brother. :)

    ReplyDelete