Monday, August 19, 2013

A Midwest 4th of July






















I've actually never flown a flag before...on the 4th of July or any other day...but now that we're in a small town in the Midwest, it seemed more than appropriate and it sure looked pretty on our little house! We heard a rumor that the zoo was letting people in at a drastic discount because of the holiday, so the first thing we did when we woke up on the Fourth of July was head off to Wichita to check out Tanganyika (a sort of small but interactive zoo where you're allowed to pet almost everything!). It was way cool. That evening we had a barbecue with the Hopkins and the Heggies and the missionaries and then drove out to the lake for Pratt fireworks...which, I have to say, were a little too close for my comfort. I felt like I was in a war zone and I decided I prefer big city fireworks (the kind that are small and quiet and way off on some distant horizon). But that's just me :)








































No comments:

Post a Comment