Thursday, October 22, 2009

Daughter of the Week




Today is my dad's birthday. He would have been 60 years old. He has ten kids and 27 grandkids. He could build or fix ANYTHING - including cars. He loved butter-soaked popcorn and blueberry/pecan Blizzards. He was a complete sports junkie. He played golf like it was an addiction and he could do a standing slide at second base, well into his forties. His trademark displays of affection were choking, punching, wrestling and tickling. He once drove 12 hours to my college apartment to change my brake pads and take me to dinner, just to turn around and drive all the way back. He loved to take us on fun trips - to Sunrise, to Rocky Point, to Disneyland. Most days he would throw up his hands and say, "Kids! Why do we have kids?!" Most weeks he would tell me I was daughter of the week. Of course, he was telling all his other daughters the same thing :)

I really miss that.





















3 comments:

  1. Tam, I remember that all too well, so sorry he's gone. What would we do without the gospel and knowing that you can see him again, that makes sad things happy doesn't it? Anyway I love you, great pics, looks like you've been having a good time lately!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just think how he must be celebrating his life and the legacy he left. I know he must be very proud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could have met him! I loved seeing these pictures. It was neat to learn more about him.

    ReplyDelete