Tuesday, October 20, 2009

A New Kind of Camping




We've been camping lots of times, but this was our first time to do it in the desert. You might think I would follow that statement by saying things like, "It wasn't as pretty...It didn't smell as nice...I'll never do that again"...and so forth. And though some of that is true, I actually enjoyed it immensely. It was very laid back, required very little preparation or effort, cost absolutely nothing, and my favorite part of all...didn't get lower than sixty-five degrees at night. For some reason there was a lot of dried cow poo laying around, because of which we had to endure a plague of flies. But we roasted hot dogs and marshmallows, road quads, shot targets, found a rattle-snake skin, saw two scorpions and befriended a little red fox (and we did it all with my friend Cheryl, who happens to be my brother's wife, and their cute kids). All in all, a worthwhile adventure!










































2 comments:

  1. I love Hanna's dirty, sad little face. Too cute! And look at you - taking on such a fun adventure! Good job! I'm glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like tons of fun! I love camping, when it doesn't get too cold. That pic of Hanna's face is adorable! How cool that you found a snakes skin! I bet the boys loved that. You have a beautiful family! You can tell you guys just have tons of fun together!

    ReplyDelete