Saturday, January 22, 2011

Colby's 6th Birthday






















Colby wanted a party this year. I was willing to grant that request, but I had secretly decided to keep it simple - no themes, no bounce houses, etc. Just kids and games and treats. When we started making plans, we found out that a couple of his cousins we're also planning parties around the same time. All agreed that we should just combine. My sisters and I each picked a job and pitched in. The end result was quite the impressive spy party. Aunt Melanie made spy ID tags with secret identities. Aunt Lisa and Uncle Mark made a magnifying glass cake. I organized a spy hunt and Aunt Lori provided the loot. We also did a pinata and opened lots of presents. It was super easy, and much better than I could've done alone. Colby's actual birthday was the day after the party and I think it will stand out as a memorable one for years - but not in a good way! He woke up hacking and barking with a horrible cough. He was too sick to go to church, laid around and took naps all day, barely had the energy to blow out his candles and didn't have the appetite to eat the cake I made for him. Poor guy. I'm glad we got some partying in ahead of time!








3 comments:

  1. You guys always do such creative and cute parties!! I'm a little jelous. All Tyler wants is a bounce house and we'll probably just do it cause I'm so NOT creative!
    Happy Birthday Colbs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first picture is awesome! Looks like he had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a super cute party Tami! I love it! Looks like everyone had so much fun! U R such a great mom! They'll always remember their fun parties!

    ReplyDelete