Friday, January 28, 2011

Pinewood Derby






















My handsome cub scout had his first pinewood derby last week. His car was his very own creation. He handled everything but the power tools (with which his dad was very helpful). To my surprise and his delight, his car ended up being pretty fast. He won the first few heats. I was glad he got to experience a little victory! After the boys were done racing, the dads took over the track. I was packing up the kids to leave and Scott said, "Where are you going? This is when it gets really good!" Indeed. Grown men and toy cars were a volatile mix that turned out to be very entertaining. My husband strapped on a big ol' battery and a large can of spaghetti sauce and took third place behind a guy with a remote control propeller and another guy with a spring launcher. I laughed and laughed.























































































3 comments:

  1. Wow wish I could have seen those races especially the tomato car performance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!! Nolan looks so grown up! How cool that he won a couple heats! Way to GO Nolan!!!! And way to go Scott! Impressive looking car!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This will be all new experiences for me! Can't wait! Hey, when are we going to see pictures of the wedding I've been hearing so much about?

    ReplyDelete