Tuesday, March 13, 2012

School Projects

So as to preserve these somewhat expensive and certainly time consuming projects in the annals of time and not have them hanging around my house shedding moss and pebbles....here are a few pictures of Nolan and Colby's homework assignments.


























































And while we're on the subject of school, allow me to journal about Nolan's curse. He's been telling me for months about several girls at school that like him, and one in particular who is very vocal and forward about it (following him around, writing him letters, drawing him pictures, giving him her phone number, chasing him incessantly on the playground). At first I just told him to ignore her, but in recent weeks he has been particularly bothered and would even get teary telling me about it (especially after a recent field trip when she sat by him on the bus and tried to kiss him). I finally contacted the teacher and asked her to address the issue, and I was surprised to hear from her that she was well aware of the problem and had been threatening the girl for some time to stop and had already asked the girl's mother to handle it. She told me she would put it in the principal's hands. I learned shortly after that the principal had met with the girl and her parents and told them that if she didn't leave Nolan alone they would have no choice but to expel her. Nolan says that she hasn't bothered him since. Poor irresistable kid!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry that your oldest is so irresistible...a precursor to sophomore year when he actually likes the attention...
    And, um, where's your six month old...?

    ReplyDelete